January 9th (8:31PM EST) marks the first New Moon of 2016. If you’re not familiar with the lunar cycles, the new moon is all about new beginnings, manifestation and rebirth. It’s a time set intentions and send them out into the universe. For me this is a sacred time, I prepare all of my tools well in advance as I prepare for this monthly ritual. I set aside time to think about what I really want to bring into my life and how these manifestations will affect me. I craft my new moon ritual which helps me to focus my energy on my intentions.
When I prepare for a New Moon Ritual, I get into sacred space. I smudge myself and my tools. I clear my energy and the energy of my sacred space. I ground myself and I call in the Light of protection. I am focused, attentive and purposeful in my every movement. This is sacred work afterall.
Tools: black candle, labradorite, black moonstone, sapphire, Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) or Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) essential oil, matches, ,parchment paper or a journal.
- After I have prepared myself (ritual bath, smudge, grounding and protection), I bless my candle and light it. I close my eyes and set an intention for the candle.
- I anoint myself with an essential oil and my tools as well. While I am doing this I remain focused on my intention.
- Then I get into a meditation state. This is where the magic happens! I say a prayer or gratitude. I then visualize what I seek to manifest.
- I write down my new moon intentions. If we’ve ever worked together in any capacity then you know that I am a HUGE fan or journaling! I clearly write down what I desire while being as description as possible.
- Visualize – See yourself as having, achieving, being whatever it is that you desire. But more than that, feel what you are visualizing. If you had what you wanted right now, how would you feel? Would you be smiling? Laughing? Relaxing? Get into the energy of what you desire.
What are some of your new moon rituals?